Sunday 24 October 2010

Tips

I'm actually quite sprightly considering the events of last night so I thought I'd drop a post with a few tips in terms of guinea pigs and rabbits.
Firstly! The guinea pigs are big fans of Wagg Guinea Pig Crunch but the pet shop near me has a cheaper alternative. So what I've done is bought both and mixed them together in one of those plastic airtight containers that people use for cereal. It's much cheaper this way and they still get the food they like. It's also a plus that the container keeps their food fresher for much longer.
Second: basil. Piggies LOVE basil so why not buy a basil plant! They're only around 75p from morrisons and it provides a yummy treat for your piggies. Poppy and Phoebe go crazy for it :) They don't usually come to you for food but Poppy has started taking basil out of my boyfriend's hand which is so cute!
The next tip concerns rabbit hutches. They are so so expensive! But if you look on ebay with 'ending soonest' rather than 'best match' you can pick up a real bargain. Even if this doesn't work out signing up for the Pets At Home newsletter gives you 10% off your first order which can save some pennies if you're buying a hutch :)
What else.... Oh yeah! If you have some sort of pigloo for your guinea pigs they tend to wee and poo in there so what I do is I put in an old tea towel or dish cloth that I no longer use. It keeps the cage cleaner for longer as they can be removed often without causing too much mess.
I think that's it for the time being but if I think of anything else I'll make sure I post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment